Friday, February 19, 2010

Just keeping it real

Listen.

I probably don't need to tell you that I have a very silly family.

As a matter of fact, I probably don't even need to share any silly stories or pictures as proof that we are indeed a very silly family.


But that just wouldn't be much fun, would it?

It all started on a dark and stormy night. Except that it was sunny and still late afternoon. I was upstairs reading updates on facebook cleaning when it dawned on me that for the last 20 minutes or so I'd been hearing some sort of commotion going on downstairs. It sounded like some plastic paper being crumpled, some scratching, some clanking...maybe from furniture?

And then some really eerie silence.

Im not sure why it took me so long for my brain to process the noise? Okay that's not really true, I was VERY busy cleaning remember?

So I decide it was time to go downstairs to check things out. I get half-way down the stairs and this is what I see...





MmmmmmHmmmmm..yes it is. It's an entire roll of those small garbage bags that I just purchased the day before and the kids totally "toilet papered" my kitchen while I was upstairs.

It's okay though because I got the oldest back with a spatula full of refried beans to the face at the dinner table.




It's just another example of the classiness and grace that I convey as a mother.

The same classiness and grace can be seen by my grandmother in a recent lunch date for her birthday.








And honestly, if you cant have fun making french-fry moustache's with your family, then you're really not living. Because as far as Im concerned, these are the moments that actually keep us grounded.

Speaking of grounded, that's exactly what will become of these kids if I ever find my kitchen to be covered in trash bags and looking like a roped off crime scene again.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny!!!! I couldn't imagine walking into that.. I would just have to laugh.

    ReplyDelete