Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Excited

Summer is my absolute favorite time of the year. Going outside requires simple attire, we can step outside barefoot, and we can eat popsicles and watermelon while being attacked by mosquitoes. We are busy every weekend and most of that time is spent with our families.

They say that summer's all downhill after the 4th of July, but to us, it doesn't start going downhill until we return from the beach.

THE BEACH.

I have been counting down our trip to the beach since we booked our place in February. I think we were at 154 days or something like that when I started and now we are at 10.

10!? This is my favorite spot to be in and I wish the time would slow down because although I want so badly to be at the beach now, the anticipation is so exciting. Kyle is at a cool age because he actually remembers pieces from last years vacation and he is just as excited to leaving as we are.

Apparently he's even worried about my beach attire as evident by our conversation the other morning.

Kyle: Mommy are you going to wear that black shirt when we go to the beach?

Me: I don't think so.

Kyle: Good, cause you look like a little oprhan girl.

Whatever that means. I guess orphan girls shop at the Gap.

This past weekend, my sister in law Katie moved into her new home and it was so exciting to see how excited she was. This will be a great place for her little family and I'm glad we got to travel to Baltimore to help them get settled.
















We also celebrated T's birthday with a little party at the house where things started to get a little heated over the new Wii.


Luckily we had a remedy for those kind of situations.


Not for Amber of course. And not that it would have mellowed her competitiveness. Girlfriend does not like to lose.

We did almost set Lissy's hair on fire.





Thank goodness for my mother-in-law's quick reaction skills because apparently I felt that good pictures were more important than burnt hair.

See?


Her hair would have grown back eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment