Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vacation recap part 2

So we arrive in Myrtle Beach and we officially begin our vacation!
We stayed at the Avista Resort in North Myrtle. So did a lot of other people.





The lazy river was Kyle's favorite place to hang. I use the term hang because I'm sure its a word that all the cool kids are saying these days. I know this because we vacationed with my cool niece and her friend who were able to keep me up to date with all the latest happenings.

For the most part, we spent the day walking between the beach and pool. Kyle, Amber and her friend Ashton played in the water while I hung back and took pictures.


And this was about as far as I was willing to get into the ocean.


I have a strange fear of swimming with fish and I don't think that apple falls far from the tree.



I watched my children enjoy their days playing in the sun, swimming and relaxing. A big change from their early morning rush to daycare. I firmly believe that just as we need breaks from work, children need breaks from daycare and thankfully, we were able to do just that.






We ate at a restaurant where they tied bibs on our heads and made us wear funny hats with questionable things written on them. We had to keep lying to the kids about what was said on the hats.




Kyle: What does Ashton's hat say Mom?

Me: It says that she loves rainbows and butterflies, honey.

What the hat read:



Oh dear. I don't like lying to the kids, I really don't. What's a Mom to do? She wouldn't actually take one of these questionable hats and place them on her 5 yr old son to wear, would she?

Maybe.

Let's move on shall we?

Summer love was in the air for my niece Amber and her friend Ashton. It didn't take long for these two cougars to find some boys to wave at from the balcony and take nightly walks on the beach with.

Oh, and they would text message the boys while they were walking with them. Yes, two girls and two boys walking on the beach and text messaging each other, standing right next to each other.

(Shakes head and says out loud, "I just don't understand kids these days.")

I caught Amber sitting with her "boyfriend" while I was up on our balcony so I ran in and grabbed my other lens so I could get a closer shot.

Because I'm old, out of touch, and have nothing better to do.

I think she sees me here.



I apologize for the haze but I couldn't get the lens to clear fast enough from the cold/heat change. What I do not apologize for is the awesome "For Massage" sign in the background.

Your welcome.

So I went inside, got a drink, came back out, and look what I saw?!



They're holding hands! That's going to make text messaging a little akward, don't ya think? They'll have to be like, "I'll get A, S, D, F and G if you get H, J, K, L and ;."

Or maybe they could actually talk to one another.


Or maybe not.

But one thing's for sure, they will probably remember this vacation for a few weeks the rest of their lives.


And so will we!



Or, maybe it will just be me that does the remembering.

Friday's reason I had kids part 11 back on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment