Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

It's been a year already? WOW!

I thought about listing all my New Year's resolutions but I don't want to set myself up for failure, and there are some which I think should remain for me and God. I know that one of my New Year's resolutions is to update this dang blog on a frequent (meaning more than once a month) basis. Remember, it's facebooks fault. I told y'all that a month ago. You know, when I last updated.

To recap this year, I think I will start with a few of my most favorites moments.

First is the birth of my nephew Landon. He has brought us so much joy this past year and watching him grow before my eyes is just like watching one of my own children. Watching him reach all his first year milestones and, ahem, grow in size has been such a blessing for me!



Celebrating my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary was such an awesome experience. It was nice to gather with all of our extended family and friends and celebrate the inspiring love between between my Nan and Pop.


Kyle graduated preschool in June and we celebrated at Great Wolfe Lodge!





We bought a boat. We sold the boat. I may or may not have used a Luggable Lou.


We spent an incredible vacation in Myrtle Beach thanks to my hard working husband!





Kyle started Kindergarten. *Sniff* *Sniff*




The above picture still scares me.

Kyle turned 6. We celebrated with friends and family at the bowling alley.



Alyssa turned 30, I mean 3. We celebrated with a party at a gym with her friends from daycare and then back to the house to open presents.


We had a wonderful Christmas and for the first time in my life, I actually understood and reflected on the true meaning of Christmas which is the birth of Jesus, our Savior.

The best thing that has happened this year by far, is my renewed relationship with God. The church we attend has been wonderful for our family and it's been great to surround ourselves with a community of believers. Attending the women's conference left me feeling excited and yearning to learn more about the Bible and reading God's word. My husband and I have even made changes for our family by monitoring the music and t.v shows that we watch. It's amazing to see the changes that you actually want to make because of the example you wish to lead. My hope is that I can continue to follow where the Lord leads me on this walk, and that I can be a disciple of Christ's love. I mean, how awesome is it to know that He still loves me after all of the mistakes I have made!? I will never be good enough,and no matter how many "religious acts" I perform I will never earn my way into heaven. I now know that it is by God's grace alone that I get to spend eternity with Him.

Phew..that is so freeing.

I don't know what 2010 or 2050 will have in store for us but I know that He is faithful and by our side. May He receive all the glory, for it is His story to tell.

Happy New Year to all my friends and family!



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so
that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit
Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment