Monday, June 22, 2009

I've got love in my tummy

I had no Friday's reason I had kids part 8 posted on, well Friday.

So today I present Monday's Friday's reason I had kids part 8.




Because you can make the older child dress up like the Easter Bunny to pacify the younger child and save both time and money.


Since I'm usually posting pics of kids, I thought I would take a break and talk about my next favorite subject, food. You know, the natural order of things exactly the way God had designed, God-Family-Coke Zero-Food.

Ahem

1. Nutella



Oh, if loving you is wrong Nutella, I don't ever want to be right. This stuff was made in heaven and sent straight aisle 6 at Food Lion. Nutella's website claims that it's part of a healthy balanced breakfast since it's mostly made from hazelnuts, skim milk and cocoa, but I am interested in approximately none of that. The mere fact that I can spread something on my warm toast that melts and tastes like chocolate makes me want to stock my pantry with it. And you know, the kids will eat anything that appears to be nutritionally void.

Hence the fact that my daughter ate chicken nuggets 3 times in two days last week.

2. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.


Oh my goodness, put this on a cracker and it's delicious. I know that they come in other flavors but I've really only tried the roasted red pepper, and it's seriously like a party in your mouth. Except, only you are invited because inviting other people to your hummus party would be gross.

3. The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedge.



Pretty self explanatory what you do with this, but it's delicious and is low fat/low calories. Sometimes (like today at lunch) I put some cheese and a little bit of Hummus together and it's delicious!

I'm not a big fan of fruit (it's a texture thing) so I normally don't venture past apples, bananas and grapes. However, while we were out Saturday we passed stopped by a local produce stand and decided to get some fresh veggies for dinner. While T and I were browsing, we caught Alyssa eating a few cherry's. The woman running the stand told us not to worry about it, but we felt bad so we picked up a carton of cherries. Besides the maraschino cherries we put on our ice-cream, no one has eaten a real cherry in out home. Let me just tell you, they were delicious! We also had to buy the carton of plums that Alyssa knocked over. I'm not going there with the plums, but Alyssa loved them.

Oh and speaking of natural laxatives, let me throw in a favorite snack of mine.

4. Fiber One Bars


They are delicious and I highly recommend them. Except I do not highly recommend eating them after eating say, Tacos. I also do not recommend you eat Tacos and Fiber One bars on the day that you have to visit the GYN for your annual.

I'm just saying.

Happy Snacking!


No comments:

Post a Comment