Monday, June 15, 2009

Lori and Amber

Today is a very special day for two very special people.

My niece turns 14 today. 14 really? That's what I kept hearing her Mom say over and over again Saturday. When T and I first started dating, she was 2, and she had a few pronunciation issues with her L's and Y's. I can still see her in her little princess nightgown and her short blond hair, asking me if I wanted to play with her yittle tea cups. And don't even get me started on the way she pronounced yellow-LELLOW.

But my most favorite memory of Amber? The way she called me Ginny.

And now she's all grown up. She's incredible smart, has lots of friends, and excels in school. It has been my pleasure to watch her grow into the beautiful young lady she is, and I love her so much.

And, I will always be her Ginny.


My Mother-In-Law Lori has a birthday today too!



She has been so supportive to me and she is a woman who has devoted her life to her children . She is always there when you need her.

I love watching the way she is with her grandchildren and I admire the relationship she has with Katie. I know that her and Katie have always had a close relationship, but as they have gotten older, I now see that the bond she has with Katie is the same that shared with her Mom Peggy. They truly are best friends, and my hope is that Alyssa and I will share this same bond as she gets older.

Plus, she sews all our buttons back on and mends all the tears in our seams.

And for that, I couldn't be more grateful.

Happy Birthday Lori and Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment