Monday, March 30, 2009

David Beckham has met his match?

Hello!

How have you been?

I'm not sure if it was the staying up late watching the series finale of Jon and Kate Plus Eight, the late run of Biggest Loser, my one day of work travel, or just that fact that I have two small children but I was EXHAUSTED last week! Not only that, but I had an issue downloading pictures and without pictures I am like a house with no windows.


Or something like that.

Anyway, I promised all three of you blog readers of mine that I would blog frequently and I have let you down. Let me start by saying that I promise (again) to be better at updating my blog. And let me also say that when I make a promise, I mean it. Just like my promise to God to give up Coke Zero's for Lent. Honestly, I almost gave in on Saturday when we stopped at Wendy's because it is one of the very few fast food chains that sell Coke Zero's. If it wasn't for the Holy Spirt and a 20min pep talk from T, I would have given in. As I am typing this I have a big smile on my face because I only have 13 days until I can be re-united with a Coke Zero.

Let me recap last week for you...

Kyle finally started his first day of Soccer! It was supposed to start at the beginning of March but the snow and rain set us back. It was still a chilly day so we bundled up for the big practice.



Here's what I think about Kyle's athleticism. Kyle can run VERY fast. He can continue to run for minutes without stopping or being out of breath...




I also know that he can kick the ball while running and he's great at stopping and controlling the ball.




Unfortunetly, Im just not sure he knows how to put it all together...





I love how is is looking at me like what did you just sign me up for?

What I love about Kyle is that even after being slugged in the stomach with the soccer ball he was still willing to get back out there and chase after the ball with the other kids.

On our way home Kyle said he was quitting soccer. I will have to take the blame for passing this gene down to Kyle because 1. There's not an ounce of athletic ability in me and 2. I quit everything that doesnt work the way I want it to. Using this as a chance to practice my parenting skills in hopes that none of the kids turn out like me, we discussed important things like not giving up, doing your best, and not tackeling your sister when she walks in the living room. I guess it worked because he decided to give it another shot. Of course it rained Thursday when we were supposed to have practice, so tomorrow will be the first day back in a week. He must have forgotten all about our conversation or the fact that he hated soccer because this morning he woke up thinking we were heading to practice and was bummed when I told him it was only Monday. He even grabbed his soccer bag and placed it by the door this morning!

The bright side is, if Soccer doesn't work out with Kyle we may have a chance with this one..



No comments:

Post a Comment