Monday, March 9, 2009

What's my point again?




Sure. They look lovely and wonderful in this picture. Rewind to last Sunday and you would have seen two kids covered in their own vomit and pure chaos in our household. Nothing tests your endurance as a mother more than combing your daughters vomit out of her hair at 1 o'clock in the morning by candlelight.


Thank you last minute blizzard of 2009.


Even so, I look at this picture and I am reminded daily of 2 precious gifts that God has chosen me of all people to look after. In the mist of the frustration, anxiety, stress and sickness that comes along with being a parent, I really couldn't be more grateful for these two people.






I would also be remiss not to mention the first love of my life T. He is a man who loves making deals, the Redskins, his children, God and of course me .




I also love my new nephew L like he was one of my very own children.




So there you have it. I am a wife, mother and a daughter of Christ. This is my journey of trying to be each of these people better than I was the day before. You see, I love lots of things. I love taking pictures but I'm not great at it. I love my family but I'm not always so great to them. I love God but I'm not always so great at listening to what he is trying to tell me. So, this blog is not only a way to keep family and friends updated on our family life, but for me it will serve as a gentle reminder of how big God is and how He holds the key to everything in His hands.


So keep checking back because I will have lots of pictures to share and stories to tell as we enter the blog world together. I may even have some useless and random advice to share.



And if anyone is still reading this, I also love Coke Zero and Flip Flops.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you put that lil guy on there!! He's so sweet and he loves his aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you Jen. As you walk with the Lord He will lead you down the path chosen for you and Tommy. Those beautiful kids will be blessed. As you continue your walk of Faith the doors of heaven will open and you are promised so many Blessings. Love you and very proud of you. You have grown into a Beautiful Woman and Great Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea!!! Love the pics of Kyle and Alyssa.. I couldnt be any more proud to be an Aunt to them 2 beautiful kids!!! =) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! Some of these are so funny. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete