Monday, May 11, 2009

Baptisms, Blue Crabs and Mom's.

While Kyle was recovering from his stomach issues and Alyssa was just in the beginning stages of her ear infection, we traveled 2 hours north to witness the Baptism of our nephew, Landon. Or Langdon as my father-in-law with his southern drawl affectionately calls him. The pictures I took of all three of them together turned out not-so-good, so they got chopped, cropped, and separated.
Anyhow, here he is with my sister-in-law Katie, a.k.a Landon's Mom.



Here he is with my future brother-in-law, Nick, a.k.a Landon's Dad.



And here is the little guy after a much needed nap and bottle.



R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D?


That's what I thought is said.


Mother's Day was such a peaceful day. The weather was warm with a nice breeze and after eating breakfast, I opened up my Mother's Day presents with T and the kids. I've waited 5 1/2 years for the day when I would receive my very own Mother's Day coffee mug.





My daughter picked this out from the Daycare Mother's Day store and she was so proud of my her purchase. I don't drink coffee but she kept reminding me that "you dwink you coffee in dare, Mommy!" It was really sweet. Kyle knows me a bit better so I he gave me lavender scented hand lotion. My wonderful husband gave me beautiful hanging baskets for our porch, and it really made the porch come alive with colors. A little later that afternoon, Kyle and I headed to a Blue Crabs baseball game to meet up with my Mom, Nana, Pop, Sister, Uncle, and Nephew. Lissy was still feeling bad, so she stayed home to play with Daddy. It turned out to be okay because it's not to often that Kyle and I get to hang out together one on one. I almost forgot that he goes to the bathroom by himself as evident by him yelling at me to use my own toilet when I tried following him into his. I also realized while I was still in the stall and he was out washing his hands, that he is probably a little to old to be in the girls bathroom with me. I did send him into the boys bathroom by himself at the game but I got a little nervous as I stood outside as he was taking a long time. I was just about to go in when I saw him walk out with my nephew (who I had no idea was in there). It was at that moment that I realized that I am probably not ready for him to use the men's bathroom either.

I guess he'll have to Luggable Loo until we work out our bathroom issues.


Here's the family before the game.





My handsome man.



The handsome man with his Mom.



The Mom's Mom with the Mom's Sister.



The Mom with her Nana



The Mom's Uncle and Nephew.




You know, baseball is really not that entertaining for a 5 yr old, so about the 4th inning or so we ventured over to the play area so Kyle could have some fun.

We climbed.



We slid.



We conquered.



I laid in bed last night thanking God for making me a Mother. I'm humbled that God chose me to love them and take care of them. And how incredible, that this was his plan all along.

I also thanked him for all the wonderful women in my life. My Mother who always stands up for me, and my Nana who stands behind me. A Mother-In-Law who loves and supports me like her own daughter. A sister who is thoughtful and will make a wonderful Mother someday, and a sister-in-law who is a great Mother and best friend. Another Sister who is a wonderful Mother that I don't get to see or talk to nearly enough. And last but not least, a daughter, who brings me such joy and with who I share a bond unlike no other.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment