Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A wondering mind is easy to waste

Is it really Thursday already? I hate to wait so long in between posts, but my camera needed recharging (I kept forgetting to do it) so the pictures from our Memorial day are minimal, and I really have nothing exciting to blog about. If you have something else to do, now's the time to do it.

Last Friday was not a good day for me. I think it all started with the allergic reaction to the trail mix bar I ate. Feeling like my throat had been taken over by red ants, I went on search in my office for someone who might have an extra Benadryl. The good news is that my friend Karen had a Benadryl, the bad news is that it expired in 2005. 2005 must have been a good year because in no time I was feeling better and it was time to head home.

I arrived home, threw a hissy about T not understanding my needs, yelled at Alyssa for being 2 and laid in the bed for an hour. When I finally got up, I threw another hissy about T not knowing exactly what I wanted to do for dinner, and continued to be irritated with Alyssa because she's, well, 2.

Once T told me to get my grouchy butt in the car and took me to dinner, I felt much better. I explained the allergic reaction and taking the Benadryl and I think he understood why I was acting like such a schmuck. We had ice-cream and you know, ice-cream always makes things better. I told Lissy that night that I was sorry and she deserved better. She kissed me on the cheek. All was right with the world.

Glad I bought this book a few months back. I saw it on another blog and I ordered it. I don't think that I have anger issues, but I do think that I can be a bit snappy when I want to be. Any how, I think it's time to start reading it.

The rest of the weekend was much better! Yard Saleing and boating. Couldn't ask for more.

Sunday, was the day that Alyssa became inducted into the world of the terrible twos. It's a very lengthy story, and I'm already falling asleep while writing this post, so lets just say that it involved pen throwing, Bible scribbling, throwing herself on the floor under the pew, kicking the pew, prying Communion from my hands, and spilling grape juice. I'm sure you guessed we were at Church and I can tell you this. I don't exactly know how/where this nursery is/works, but we are going to find it/out about it and her little butt will be there on Sunday.

Memorial Day, we visited the Westmoreland Berry Farm to pick strawberries and we finished the day with a few games of bowling since it started to rain. Kyle would bowl all day if we let him. I think at one point in the game he was actually beating all of us. I swear, he is a jack of all trades. He even helped Lissy bowl by putting her ball on the "walker" (insert technical term for thing that little kids use to push their ball down that looks like a "walker" with an elephant trunk). We ended the day with our strawberries on angel food cake topped with whipped cream.

Delicious.

Now the week is almost over (and thankfully so is this post) and we're supposed to go to the Zoo Saturday with Katie, Nick and Landon. Hopefully I will get lots of good shots and have interesting things to write about after this upcoming weekend.

And since I really don't like to post without pictures, how about a little shot from Myrtle Beach last year to get us excited about summer.




Ah, I love the summer. Pools, flip flops, and sun kissed babes eating chips in their bed after a long summer's day.



We still have 51 days until we leave for Myrtle Beach so until then, I have to settle for looking at these pictures and smelling my Sun and Sand candle from Yankee Candle to bring me comfort.

And if you seriously have never smelled it I urge to run and not walk to your nearest Yankee Candle and get it because it smells just like sand and suntan lotion and it will make you feel oh so good on the inside.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh...to think back to Myrtle Beach last year and being 4 months pregnant...those were the days...haha

    ReplyDelete